Yesterday, we searched for the most well-traveled riders in the men's peloton. Today, we turn our attention to the female cyclists who ventured to the most diverse countries to compete in 2023.
Here's the list:
In the complete list showing the total number of countries a rider raced in there's another Uzbek rider topping the list: Olga Zabelinskaya. The experienced rider already visited 35 different countries in competition throughout her career.
This is an overview of the countries in which Olga Zabelinskaya competed in UCI races. Another noteworthy observation is that Zabelinskaya's team, Tashkent City Women Professional Cycling Team, is ranked 4th CTW team in the UCI Team ranking for 2023. With CERATIZIT-WNT Pro Cycling Team and AG Insurance - Soudal Quick-Step likely to move up to the Women's World Tour next year, the Uzbek team stands second in line when it comes to securing slots for all the major WWT events in the upcoming season. Therefore, it is highly likely that the 43-year-old Zabelinskaya will make appearances in some of the biggest races on the cycling calendar next season. As a result, we might see new countries added to the colorful global cycling pallete of the Uzbek cyclist.
- All time ranking changes in 2023
- Teams Relying Heavily on One Rider in 2023:
- Uzbek globetrotters in search of Olympic tickets?
- 18 different countries in 2023: Bart Buijk globetrotter of the 2023 season!
- Sainbayar first pro cyclist from Mongolia!
- Federico Bahamontes, Eagle of Toledo, best climber in Tour history, dies at 95.
- Follow your favorite riders!
- Tour 2023: Foreign starts
- Tour 2023: Sprinting opportunities
- Tour 2023; The top-10 favorites